Pumpkin seeds nutrition facts
Pumpkin seeds (pepita) are edible kernels of fruit pumpkin. The seeds, in-fact, are concentrated sources of many health-benefiting vitamins, minerals, anti-oxidants, and all important essential amino acids like tryptophan and glutamate.
Medicinal values of pumpkin seeds.
- Research studies suggest that pumpkin seed to have DHEA (Di hydro epi-androstenedione) blocking actions. Thus, it cuts the risk of prostate and ovarian cancers.
- In addition, experimental studies suggest that certain phytochemical compounds in pumpkin seed oil may have a role in prevention of diabetic nephropathy (kidney disease).
Prepare your own Jack-O-Lantern seeds for these great recipe ideas.
1. Scoop the seeds out of your jack-o-lantern, wash off gunk, spread out on a towel to dry for a while.
2. Toss on a baking sheet with a little oil and whatever spicy or sweet or other stuff you’re into (don’t forget plenty of salt).
3. Bake at 350 for 15-20 minutes or until they get crispy. Stir the seeds every 10 minutes and check to make sure they’re not burning towards the end of baking.
1. Sprinkle them on your soup…
2. …or your salad.
(Bonus points for kale.)
6. Bedazzle a wheel of cheese with them.
8. Whip up a creamy nut butter.
9. Bake a batch of cookies.
Recipe: Pumpkin Seed & Chocolate Cookies (scroll down for English instructions)
12. Toss a few into your random lunch thing.
14. Serve a classy vegetarian paté.
Raw vegan snacks for all!
16. Add pumpkiny goodness to trail mix.
Reeses Pieces mandatory.
Recipe: Fall Snack Mix
17. Make a veggie burger that actually tastes good.
20. Decorate a lovely pumpkin cake.
LIVEN UP ANY PARTY WITH THE GREAT TASTE OF “FLAVOR INFUSION” FOR YOUR FAVORITE BEVERAGES.
ONLY 5 cents PER SERVING
Certified All Natural Organic Flavoring Vegan – Gluten Free – Kosher -Non Allergenic
JERRY JAQUESS – FLAVOR INFUSION LLC –
“TURNING AN ORDINARY BEVERAGE INTO EXTRAORDINARY”